For the majority of people, dental cleanings are normally advised every six months. With that said, the frequency of such appointments may vary depending on personal needs. People can maintain good oral health and avoid the need for future, more complex dental work by scheduling routine dental cleanings.
What are Dental Cleanings?
The removal of debris from the teeth and gums is done during dental cleanings near you, a process which is sometimes referred to as dental prophylaxis. In order to maintain proper oral hygiene and avoid dental issues like tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath, they are crucial.
How Are They Done?
The stages involved in dental cleanings often include:
- Physical examination: Prior to the cleaning, the dentist or dental hygienist will do a physical examination of the mouth to look for any indications of oral health issues such as cavities or gum disease.
- Scaling: The dentist will remove plaque and tartar from the teeth using a specialized instrument. To loosen and eliminate the accumulation, this procedure could entail physically scraping the teeth or making use of an ultrasonic tool.
- Polishing: When the teeth are clear of plaque and tartar and have been polished, the dentist will use a polishing tool to get rid of any surface stains and leave the teeth glossy and smooth.
- Flossing: After that, the dentist will floss between the teeth to clear away any leftover material and make sure the spaces in between the teeth are clean.
- Fluoride treatment: To help strengthen the tooth enamel and prevent cavities, a dental professional may on occasion apply a fluoride treatment to the teeth.
If you have any questions, talk to your dentist near you. You deserve to feel comfortable throughout the appointment.
Benefits of Dental Cleanings
Regular dental cleanings have a variety of advantages, such as:
Preventing tooth decay
Plaque and tartar accumulation, which are key causes of tooth decay, are removed during dental cleanings. Dental cleanings can aid in preventing cavities and tooth decay by eliminating these contaminants.
Preventing gum disease
Bacterial infection is the root cause of gum disease, which can result in swelling, bleeding, and ultimately tooth loss. By eliminating bacteria and reducing the accumulation of plaque and tartar on the teeth and gums, routine dental cleanings can help prevent gum disease.
Freshens up your breath
Bacteria buildup in the mouth is a common cause of bad breath. Dental cleanings might aid in eradicating harmful microorganisms and enhancing breath freshness.
Improving overall health
Heart disease, diabetes, and stroke have all been associated with poor dental health. Maintaining good oral health and general health and well-being are both facilitated by routine dental cleanings.
Regular dental cleanings can assist in avoiding the need for future, more involved, and expensive dental procedures by preventing gum disease and tooth decay.
Overall, getting regular dental cleanings is important for preserving excellent oral health and avoiding dental issues. People can get a whiter, healthier smile and enhance their general health and well-being by scheduling routine cleanings.
Dental Cleanings at Gaetz Dental
For your convenience, our local dental practice provides dental cleanings in Red Deer. Your visit will be relaxed and hassle-free thanks to our friendly and knowledgeable team.
With skill and expertise, our dentist in Red Deer can perform teeth cleanings with efficiency. They may also provide you with advice on the best ways to care for your mouth. For more information, don’t hesitate to contact us!